Monday 22 October 2012

Doli Fried Kuey Teow


2 days ago Ibu and I went to Doli Restaurant in Taiping. For those who never noticed about this food place, Doli is one of evergreen icon for Taipingites like two of us. I’m sorry I didn’t know when they began running their fried kuey teow business but I began to like their fried kuey teow since they ran their food stall at old Taiping hawkers center nearby The Store supermarket (formerly known as Taiping Supermarket).



Map of Doli Restaurant and its coordinate.
Sorry, poor photo quality.

Now they are running their business at Jalan Tupai, just opposite Klinik Kesihatan Taiping. Taste of the fried kuey teow remains unchanged. I am not Anthony Bourdain nor Andrew Zimmern who can describe yumminess of food via face actions, but Doli fried kuey teow has its signature taste and I believe Taipingites agree with my statement as well.



The only thing now is their services. I mean time to prepare a plate of fried kuey teow took quite long. The owner of Doli Restaurant has to think how to speed up the service. With ¾-occupied tables, our fried kuey teow only reached in front of us 40-minutes after we placed order. That was not first time we faced that kind of problem. Eventhough now they are hiring Gurung workers, the problem still can’t be solved.
Special Fried Kuey Teow - RM 10. Trust me, it's worth. 

Ibu still satisfied with replacement of Yutt San's fried bihun.


I really hope Doli Restaurant willing to do some drastic changes in order to improve overall quality of the restaurant. We love Doli fried kuey teow.

No comments:

Post a Comment