Wednesday 28 November 2012

DURIAN FIESTA.... AFTER KOTA BHARU - NOV12

As mentioned in my previous entry, we've completed our ride to Kota Bharu last Sunday; 25th November 2012 (pay day ha! ha!). This time Jejai wasn't able to ride with us due to his "Wang Client" commitment.



Ibu and I left Taiping quarter past 9 in the morning. We experienced rain at some spot prior entering Menora Tunnel. We joined the others at Simpang Pulai an hour and half after.

We had our lunch at outskirt of Gua Musang town. It's a small town but we had to pay ridiculous lunch cost. What a scumbag restaurant.

We reached Kayumas Homestay (http://kayumashomestay.blogspot.com/) Kota Bharu half past 5 in the afternoon. This was my first experience resided in homestay. The environment of Kayumas Homestay totally changed my perspective on level of comfortability. This homestay was excellent and personally it's appropriate for me to give them 2 thumbs up rating.  
 

At night time we went to my favourite dinner place; Raja Ikan Bakar situated at the heart of Kota Bharu. I had been here before, Ibu & I knew how delicious their grilled fish was and that was why I convinced all regimental to have dinner there.

Next morning we hit the road sharp 9 in the morning. Initially we planned to have our lunch at Restoran Tasik Raban, Lenggong Perak. But after thinking how congested the restaurant would be in the middle of weekend's lunchtime, so we called-off the plan and substituted it at a restaurant at Gerik town. Before we reached there, the regiment pulled over at Titiwangsa peak for a short break.

 

Ibu & I split up with the regiment after lunch at Gerik town. From there we made our own way back to Taiping via Lenggong - Batu Kurau rural road. Prior reaching Batu Kurau town, we saw a during seller being crowded. I thought it would be great to eat durian there and to pack some for kiddies and my parents. So, we made a final stop for this journey by having tasteful durians of Batu Kurau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment